Pro Bono Time
over 3 months
HandsOn Tech is excited to be recruiting nonprofits and skill-based volunteers for electronic health records configuration specialists dealing with customization and special projects relating to electronic health records (EHR). This is a great way to get valuable experience working with EHR for those going into the medical field. Below you will find project information, deliverables and prerequisites.
Projects such as these, could entail any of the following:
- Customization and configuration of EHR on either Nexgen or E Clinical Works.
- Assessing needs of various clinics within the bay area.
- Assisting or training health workers on EHR systems.
- Assisting or training other volunteers to carry on the EHR implementations that you have conducted.
- Coding or data entry on EHR systems.
Working with clinics the volunteer will be helping to configure and implement Nexgen and E Clinical Works which are Electronic Health Records Systems among several clinics in the silicon valley. Completion of your volunteer hours will entailing passing on your work to another volunteer including updates and training.
- EHS implementation and configuration work for a clinic or clinics that fulfill their requests.
- Training of staff about the implementation and GUI interface fields.
- Training of other volunteers to carry on your work.
- Organization readies their configuration requirements and needs.
- Professional and designated staff member meet to determine what can be implemented and the process and timeline.
- Professional and organizations complete the work involved and update staff on the work progress.
- Professional trains and updates aat least one designated staff on the configuration and implementation changes.
- Professional hands off their knowledge and training to future volunteers.
- Professional contacts and keeps a HandsOn Technology designated employee up to date with all aspects of their work.
- Professional may end up performing coding or basic database work for the organization.
- At project completion, Professional delivers a “handoff” document to Organization.
- Organization completes HandsOn Tech’s project survey within 30 days of success.
- Initial information gathering
- Proposed solution discussion
- Data configuration and implementation meeting(s)
- Final hand-off and documentation walk through
- NOTE: If both parties agree, some aspects of this project may be executed virtually or via teleconferencing or videoconference.
- At least 1 year of experience building data-driven applications or work with databases and GUI interfaces including database schema design, understanding of triggers and writing code.
- Proficiency with customizing database fields and an interest in the medical field.
- Nexgen or e-Clinical Works licensing and database.
- Work in advance to ready for customization and implementation including an operating system and a list of custom fields and queries needed.
- A list of reports and data to be designed.
- A Nexgen or e-Clinical Works account and approved assessment.