Pro Bono Time
HandsOn Tech is excited to be recruiting nonprofits and skill-based volunteers for cloud computing projects. Below you will find project information, deliverables and prerequisites.
Projects such as these, could entail any of the following:
- Assessing cloud computing needs.
- Creating a cloud computing plan and cloud computing policies for nonprofits.
- Helping nonprofit staff implement plan.
- Training nonprofit staff on cloud computing best practices.
- Being available for technical support
Cloud computing is the use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are delivered as a service over a network (typically the Internet). Cloud computing is a powerful tool because you can store information from anywhere and on different devices. For nonprofits, cloud computing could mean getting a Google for Nonprofits account to migrating their Filemaker software to the cloud.
- A cloud computing assessment and plan.
- Migration or implementation of cloud computing plan.
- Training for designated staff member on cloud computing.
- Technical support and followup meeting after 1-month of successful implementation.
- Initial information gathering
- Proposed solution discussion
- Cloud computing implementation meeting
- Implementation and bug test(s)
- Office hours or onsite visites after implementation
- At least 1 year of experience consulting organization or companies about cloud computing.
- Proficiency with Google for Nonprofits and other cloud computing solutions.
- A strong needs statement of what the organization wants to accomplish.
- Dedicated staff and resources for implementing cloud computing solutions.