Pro Bono Time
over 3 months
HandsOn Tech is excited to be recruiting nonprofits and skill-based volunteers for Salesforce database customization projects. This provides a great opportunity for volunteers to gain expertise in the most popular CRM software solution used by corporations. ¬†Below you will find project information, deliverables and prerequisites.
Projects such as these, could entail any of the following:
- Assessing nonprofit Salesforce needs.
- Creating a Salesforce plan and Salesforce media policies for nonprofits.
- Helping nonprofit staff implement plan.
- Training nonprofit staff on Salesforce best practices.
- Being available for technical support.
Salesforce, a Software as a service, cloud-based Customer Relations Management database service, was developed to increase productivity by managing customer, client, employee, and other contacts and relationships. Being free free for nonprofits (up to 10 users) there is a growing demand for Salesforce in the non profit sector as users attempt to customize it for new nonprofit uses.
- A Salesforce database including: customized set of Salesforce objects, single-record editing of data and field history tracking (up to 15 object types), a customized set of views to allow table-based editing of data (up to 15 views), a customized set of reports to pull data from multiple object types (up to 15 reports).
- Migration of a database into Salesforce or customization of an existing one.
- Training for designated staff member on new objects, reports and views.
- “Hand-off” documentation on the object schemas and any custom code.
- Organization readies data for migration.
- Professional and designated staff member meet. Professional collects necessary about current data tracking and reporting needs. The Professional may also give a brief demo of a sample Salesforce user interface.
- Professional proposes a set of Salesforce objects and describes how they can be used to track Organization’s data. Professional also describes reports and views.
- Organization and Professional agree on the set of Salesforce objects, views, and reports, as well as a date and process for the data migration.
- Professional conducts a complete migration of the data from the current data tracking system.
- Professional and staff member carefully check for errors.
- Professional trains 1 designated staff person on the new user interface, view and report building.
- Organization thoroughly tests solutions and provides feedback to Professional.
- Professional responds to the feedback and fixes bugs. Note: Professional is not responsible for major design or architectural changes outside the initial scope of work.
- Organization uses the Salesforce customization for 3 weeks and may contact the professional for bug fixes and small feature adjustments (eg. an extra editable field, a change to a report) during this period.
- At project completion, Professional delivers a “handoff” document to Organization.
- Organization completes HandsOn Tech’s project survey within 30 days of success.
- Initial information gathering
- Proposed solution discussion
- Data migration meeting
- Final hand-off and documentation walk through
- NOTE: If both parties agree, this project may be executed virtually via videoconference.
- At least 1 year of experience building data-driven applications including database schema design, understanding of triggers and writing code.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.
- A database to merge into Salesforce.
- Work in advance to ready for migration including merging spreadsheets and removing duplicates.
- A list of reports to be designed.
- A Salesforce account (or the paperwork to get one).