Pro Bono Time
10 – 20 hours
over 3 months
HandsOn Tech is excited to be recruiting nonprofits and skill-based volunteers for social media projects. Below you will find project information, deliverables and prerequisites.
Projects such as these, could entail any of the following:
- Assessing nonprofit social media needs.
- Creating a social media plan and social media policies for nonprofits.
- Helping nonprofit staff implement plan.
- Training nonprofit staff on social media best practices.
- Being available for technical support
Social media helps an organization develop a presence in the digital sphere, through social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and others. Social media helps an organization interact and engage with online audiences to increase awareness about its mission and its cause, all on a shoestring budget.
- A social media plan that outlines the strategy for promoting an organization on a number of targeted social media sites. A strong social media presence based on the plan and training from the professional, which an organization can then implement on its own moving forward.
- The professional and the organization conduct a brainstorming session to identify key goals, target audience, and assess current online presence.
- The professional determines which social media platforms will best achieve goals and reach the organization’s target audience.
- The organization works with the professional to determine clear guidelines for posting content and responding to comments on behalf of the organization.
- The professional constructs a timeline and schedule with the organization to determine the frequency of social media postings.
- The professional and the organization discuss guidelines for evaluating the effectiveness of the social media outreach.
- The professional and the organization begin implementing the social media outreach with weekly check-ins to determine whether content and outreach frequency are in line with the plan.
- The professional conducts a wrap-up meeting with the organization to ensure that an implementation plan is in place for the organization to maintain its presence on social media sites.
- 2 initial strategy & planning meetings
- weekly check-in meetings or office hours
- 1 final wrap-up meeting
- NOTE: if this project is being done virtually, these meetings can be done via videoconference or teleconference.
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing, social media marketing campaigning or online marketing experience
- Experience with creative social media strategy development
- Understanding of the social media landscape
- Ability to articulate the target audience and key messages to convey
- Ability to provide an inventory of all, if any, social media platforms in place (i.e. Facebook page or Youtube channel)